Small Animal Evacuation Kit Checklist
Below is a list of recommended item to include in your pets' Small Animal Evacuation Kit.
- 2-week supply of food (dry & canned)
- 2-week supply of water in plastic gallon jugs with secure lids
- Batteries (flashlight, radio)
- Cage/carrier (one for each animal, labeled with your contact information)
- Can opener (manual)
- Cat/wildlife gloves
- Copies of veterinary records and proof of ownership
- Emergency contact list
- Familiar items to make pets feel comfortable (favorite toys, treats, blankets)
- First aid kit
- Diet: record the diet for each individual animal, including what not to feed in case of allergies.
- Medications: list each animal separately, including dose and frequency for each medication. Provide veterinary and pharmacy contact information for refills.
- Leash and collar or harness (for each animal)
- Litter, litter pan, litter scoop
- Maps of local area and alternate evacuation routes (in case of road closures)
- Muzzles (dog or cat)
- Newspaper (bedding, litter)
- No-spill food and water dishes
- Paper towels
- Radio (solar and battery operated)
- Spoon (for canned food)
- Stakes and tie-outs
- Trash bags
*Consult your veterinarian for advice on making an animal evacuation kit and first aid kit that is appropriate for your individual animals.